Thursday, November 8, 2012

Don't you be hating...

Someone brought a bike music video into class today to kick it off.  It is a class I'm TAing for on sustainability,urban form and alternate transportation, and, as you would expect, bicycles feature highly as an aspect of that.  ANYWAYS, I was stoked until I realized it wasn't one of the Robin Moore classics or that one fixed gear video that made me fall out of my seat laughing in class one day.  No.  None of the above.  It was good but not one of the videos chronicling the rise of contemporary cycling style into the spotlight of mainstream culture.  I couldn't remember the names of those videos. Here are the results of that YouTube dig.  I"m stashing this triumvirate of half-critical velo-centric time capsules here for future tribes of mud-beaters, electro-jockeys and holo-cyclists to boggle at.

The fixie culture send-up:



The Roadie skewering:




And the Dirt Dissing: